Sunday, April 08, 2007

Helen

Helen is a friend from England, who I met in the spring of 1996 when my high school decathalon team went to visit their high school. I was randomly paired up with Helen and her family to stay with while we were there for the week. We became good friends during the course of that week, although it is amazing to think that it was such a short period of time! The following fall, their academic team came to visit our high school in Erie, PA and so Helen was able to stay with my family then. It was a wonderful exchange, for many reasons, including the wonderful friend I found in Helen. As she pointed out in a recent comment, it has been over 10 years since we have seen each other (and photos of each other it seems). We have kept sporadic contact, via letters and email, and although it was entirely possible to lose touch, we haven't. It is quite wonderful and amazing. No Helen, YOU are fab! :)

















Here's us in 1996 for some context.

No comments: