Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I didn't lie, I just changed my mind.

So I was trying to remember what I promised in an earlier post, but upon review, those items now seem so much in the distant past that to write about them now would be silly. Either that or I don't have all the photos I wanted, since I'm at work at the moment and not where my pictures are. Never-the-less, I will endeavor to be witty and interesting in this current post, a somewhat daunting proposition considering the late hour and the early start I got today.

What's happening with Lizzie these days? Let's see if I can come up with a random list...

Work is picking up, although with less construction this year than previous ones, it's not "quite" as crazy. I'm struggling with work a little bit, with the changes that I've seen since I started almost 2.5 years ago. There has been lots of turnover, so the mood and feel of the office is different. It catches me off guard sometimes, and I'm not yet sure how I feel about it.

I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever, but on a larger scale. I haven't gone on an airplane in 2.5 months!!! That's insane! AND I don't have any plans to go on an airplane for another 3 months! I feel the need to travel and see my people. But my bank account is loving having my feet glued in Minnesota.

I finished my taxes on Monday evening. I'm glad to have that all done.

Chris is still around. Nothing terribly new on that front. Although one of the topics I was going to write about earlier was our trip to see his brother and family in Michigan. That was good fun. They are such brothers.

I'm trying to stick to a regular sleep schedule that allows me more sleep than I'd been getting. That's going alright, although it can always use improvements. At least I'm sticking to the "no TV after 9pm" rule and starting to wind down then, even if I don't turn out the light until 10:30pm...

So many people are having babies! I find that amazing and exciting, in an "I'm so glad it's them and not me" kind of way. Last count was 6 due in the next 3-4 months.

At the moment I'm hanging out at work doing both work and non-work things (case in point) until I go to hang out with my knitting friends from church. I know that sounds like a wild and crazy time, but it's good stuff. :)

I'm in the process of knitting two pairs of socks that I gave as Christmas presents to Dad and Uncle Tom. Shout out to you two, but no, sorry, the socks aren't done yet.

No comments: