Saturday, December 13, 2008

HLGDFS!

I've got a new life motto, courtesy of Abby and the awesome birthday present that she got.

"Hey, let's go do fun stuff!"

I love it! I also love doing fun stuff. I love the possibility of doing fun stuff, and of stuff being fun. Sometimes stuff isn't all that much fun, but that's ok. At least it helps me realize that next time I can try something else and possibly have more fun.

I think I've always had this motto, but only just now realized how to put it into words. Such fitting words. It was this motto that's taken me to so many cool places in this country, in this world, and even just around town. My co-workers seem to marvel at all of the trips I take during the year, the places that are far enough away that I have to fly. They wonder how I can afford this "jet-set" habit. Those questions have made me realize that the reason I can take so many trips (at least 6 in the past year, including one to Kenya) is that I have made it a priority in my life. Also, I don't have a family to support. That helps. :) But most of my family and closest friends live in other places. So in order to maintain my sanity and those friendships, I've got to travel. Of course, I can't travel everywhere and surely there is a longer list of places I WANT to go than places I've actually been, but I do what I can.
And it's so worth it. It's definitely fun stuff.

No comments: